The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) helps businesses address the significant challenges of developing and delivering enterprise-class software and systems in the shortest sustainable lead time. It is also an Open Source knowledge base of proven success patterns for implementing Lean-Agile software and systems at enterprise scale.
SAFe synchronizes alignment, collaboration, and delivery for large numbers of Agile teams. Scalable and configurable, SAFe allows each organization to adapt it to its own business needs. It supports smaller-scale solutions employing 50–125 practitioners, as well as complex systems that require thousands of people.
A SAFe Agilist (SA) strategically guides the adoption, success, and ongoing improvement of Lean-Agile culture in an enterprise. The Agilist helps define the organizational mission and vision, and communicates strategic decisions and the need for change to all stakeholders and teams. The SAFe Agilists motivate knowledge workers by helping them develop their skills and careers in a way that enhances their capabilities and increases their engagement and commitment to the mission and vision of the enterprise.
During this two-day course, they’ll learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework®, how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace. They’ll also get practical advice on supporting Agile teams and programs, empowering a Lean Portfolio, building a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinating large solutions.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and achieve certification for SAFe® Agilist (SA).
- Prepare for SAFe 5 Agilist Exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in the enterprise
- Apply Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Plan and successfully execute Program Increments
- Execute and release value through Agile Release Trains
- Build an Agile portfolio with Lean-Agile budgeting
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Continuously explore, integrate, deploy, and release value
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Coordinate the development of large solutions
- Enhance their Lean-Agile leadership skills
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in their enterprise
A SAFe Agilist (SA) is a Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) enterprise leadership professional who is part of a Lean-Agile transformation. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA).
The first step toward becoming a SAFe certified professional is to attend the Leading SAFe course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Exam prerequisite skills or knowledge:
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Additional information on course content, audience and examination is available upon request.