Software project management is all about turning basic technology concepts into workable solutions. It involves taking a simple concept or idea and overseeing its development until the product is ready to launch as a fully functioning and workable IT system.
During the software development stage the IT project management team will have various processes they will need to follow in order to ensure the successful delivery of the software package.
Key duties involved the software development process include:
- Defining the project – the IT team outline the project parameters, define the project scope, budget and time frame and determine the project goals and requirements
- Planning the project – each incremental step of the project is outlined and scheduled with milestone goals set in advance. Plotting each stage of the process assists in the smooth running of the project and gives project directors clear goals for each project stage
- Allocating resources – various resources such as software tools, equipment and staff are allocated to the project
- Scheduling the project – dates and deadlines are determined to meet the needs of the client but with realistic expectations of what is achievable within those time frames also considered
- Controlling, tracking and reporting – the Project Manager puts these project management processes in place to ensure their IT team is meeting the needs of the client and keeps the client informed on project developments
- Completion of the project – the final report is submitted or a release order is signed once work is completed. The IT team ensure all systems are operating effectively and staff are sufficiently trained in the software usage before handing over
Daysha Consulting provides complete software project management services in Ireland. Daysha’s range of IT project management services are created in careful consideration of the client’s needs and goals. Daysha provides a scalable software service to its clients allowing them to ‘scale up’ or ‘scale down’ the level of involvement their IT project manager has throughout the project.
POSTED IN: Articles