IT project management consultants are the lynchpin of your IT project. Their job is to unite the various people, products and processes involved in the implementation of new IT systems and ensure they function as a whole.
Their objective is to ensure your IT project is fulfilled to your expectations and requirements. At every stage of the project life cycle your IT consultant is there to oversee and direct the project and see that all project components are completed on time, on budget and to your precise expectations.
What capabilities can an IT PM consultant bring to your IT project?
Some of the areas in which an IT consultant provides assistance include:
- Gap analysis – This is where a consultant assesses your existing infrastructures and PM processes and identifies areas lacking in your plan and which tasks need to be completed to achieve project completion.
- Prototyping – The consultant works with the product end-users to gain an understanding of what service or solution needs to be developed to suit the end-user
- Technical strategy – The consultant applies innovative thinking along with the right tools and technologies to create a comprehensive technical strategy.
- Project jump start – At this stage the consultant steps in to a project which may have stalled in order to get things back on track.
- Audit – The consultant assesses the functionality of the product or service and identifies areas where it may be lacking and need improvement.
- Legacy systems analysis and documentation – The consultant leaves behind documentation so your support team and future support teams will be able to maintain IT system operations.
Daysha Consulting – an IT project management consultancy in Ireland – provides PM services for organisations of all sizes, from global brands to small businesses. They specialise in providing tailored IT services to meet the needs of their clients. Daysha’s consultants are dedicated to improving your existing project management capabilities. They will also help to develop your IT strategy and guide you through each project phase.
POSTED IN: Articles